Do you believe in the power of your dreams?
Some say you can attract the things you want by focusing deeply on them and imagining you really will have them.
In some cases I find that people believe that the magic of the universe will somehow bring it to them if they focus hard enough. Talk of the "Law of Attraction" and books like the "Secret" can in some ways encourage this magical thinking.
Well not that I want to squash any of these theories, they all seek to encourage us, yet I am not convinced that magic plays any part in us getting closer to our dreams. Well at least none of the supernatural variety. I think that if there is any magic, it is the magic within us.
So before we continue, let's start with one of my all-time favourite quotes. "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right"
I say it is true that if you focus deeply on your dreams they will come to fruition, yet I believe this is because no matter who you are or where you are, as long as you focus on your dreams and you know what the end result will look and feel like, you will naturally be taking action to get closer to your dreams in the first place. No supernatural forces required, simply you, taking action.
Great news isn't it? That means the only thing standing in the way of you attaining your dreams is you. No really, that's a good thing because nothing else can stop you when you do make that choice.
Sure, life will throw you curve balls and not everything will go your way but as long as you are open to opportunity and willing to do the work, you can get closer to your dreams everyday.
Ok, so where do we start? Most of you already know, many have already started and many are all ready there. For those that haven't, remember, each day is an opportunity, yours is here now, grab a pen and paper and take some notes.
What I am going to share is a way in which you can start managing your time and plan your goals today.
I call this the "TIGER Method" and the acronym goes like this:
Testify on your motivation and dreams.
* Write out goal statements for all areas of your life that need focus.
* Start tracking your time and see where it really goes.
Identify what has works & what doesn't.
* Note Technical Errors, External Realties and Psychological Obstacles holding you back.
* Consider your personality, style & unique challenges.
Get real about how long tasks take
* Use a task planner to do this.
* Choose a planner that suits your style.
* Categorize Organize and Map out your task schedule to make time tangible.
Engage your plan and take action.
* Make decisions on tasks using 4 D's, "Delete, Delegate, Defer and Do It."
* Purge excess & meaningless tasks.
* Assign space for tasks and keep separate.
Refine & adapt the schedule to your needs.
* Monitor your progress & timing bi-monthly.
* Make time to re-group in times of crisis.
* Be flexible yet honor your commitments.
* Take time to celebrate your successes.
This process can help you lay out your dreams; it only requires your passion and a bit of effort. The sooner you start, the sooner you realize your dreams.
"The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps - we must step up the stairs." ~Vance Havner
Go get' em Tiger!